20081122

First Post

I thought I would create a Blog just in case I suddenly had something to say. Plus I just noticed how stupidly easy it's suddenly become.

I just figured out how to make the singularly best seed raising planter pot "thing" ever. You take a toilet roll, the ones you were throwing out anyway, cut 6 tabs out of the bottom that are slightly longer than the radius of the roll and just kind of fold them in. Why is this so great? Because they are free, quick and easy to make and fairly environmentally friendly :)

Completely unrelated, I want to learn CLisp in the next few weeks, if I have any success I intend to document it here. Why would I want to learn a 50 year old language? Dunno, something different. But realistically so many really smart people keep telling me how much work they are doing in it and how good it is. Not the kind of "smart" people who like Java or Perl, but the ones who actually like things because it solves a problem in some unique and efficient way.

No comments: