20081129

Aoeu

Right for some stupid reason I thought that maybe I should relearn Dvorak... you know it's not like I set myself up with enough stuff to learn, I thought I would add Dvorak to Lisp and Emacs (and all the other stuff I'm trying to pretend that one day I might come back too). Yay.

So after taking about 3 minutes j...(wow "j" is well freaking hidden down here between "k" and "q", I had to stop and print out a key guide just because the "j" key seemed to have gone missing... ARGH!!!!) just to stumble through the above paragraph (if you can call it that, I know it is quite short) I've already decided that I have to drop one, you know just for today. Bye bye Lisp, I will visit you again very soon. In the mean time I'm growing some really nice flowers that I'm sure you'll like as soon as they are ready.

Today I made a decent attempt to round my bank account down to the ever illustrious single figure territory, I was however thwarted by my banks cunning "limit" system, sneaky so-and-sos that they are. Despite my money problems I will shortly be the owner of the biggest and most comfortable bed in the shop :D ... for those of you that don't know I frequently suffer from stupid levels of Insomnia. Normally I just try to to spend my wakeful energy on something useful (even if it's just something that pretends to be useful like learning Lisp) but by the end of last week (uhm yesterday to be precise, but it feels like so much more time has passed), I felt like death, my blood pressure shot up and I think something exploded in my head because all I was able to do was lie on the couch in the fetal position holding my head and waiting for the axe that had cleaved my poor skull to gradually be removed.

This I blamed on lack of sleep, so on a spur of the moment decision I've at least made a nice little commission for the sales man at the store. Despite his commision I still can't wait till Monday night when it arrives.

After typing that tiny amount of text I've quite successfully used up all of my learning energy (as in learning Dvorak, not that you need reminding I'm sure as it probably hasn't taken you quite as insanely long to get to this point as it has me...) I set aside for today, and a whoping hour of my time and still haven't managed to write anything worthwhile... but maybe you disagree if you're still reading.

2 comments:

Rohan said...

That looked like pretty good going, I haven't tried tackling Dvorak yet. How did the bed turn out? I guess I will find out tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.